Saturday, October 15, 2011

Five days in the life of a busy filmmaker

On Monday, I left California for Spain and arrived on Tuesday evening (exhausted).  On Wednesday, following the suggestions and feedback given to me by Emmy-award winning documentarian David Brown, we recorded a dub and some voice over sound for A Zest for Life:  Afro-Peruvian Music & Dance.  For technical reasons, it had to be recorded three times.  Then I edited it in.

On Thursday, we started planning some additional shooting for Domino:  caught in the crisis.  This includes ideas I´ve come up with on my own over the past few weeks and ideas from the private screening sessions I held in California with family and supporters.

Today, we shot a short scene for A Zest for Life--to re-create some missing material--and  I added a few photos--here are two of the many I had to choose from, courtesy Rossana Craig.  Rosana is a native Peruvian who lives in the Bay Area and makes many trips back to Peru with her family.  Thanks, Rossana!

Part of an annual celebration high up in the Andes.

From the same religious celebration;  note the masked fellow.

In addition, today we continued planning the shooting we´ll do tomorrow and Sunday for Domino, plus I created a DVD out of the just-revised A Zest for Life and we firmed up the dates for its release party (Saturday, Jan. 20, 7:30pm in la Peña Cultural Center in Berkeley, CA).

SO--my next blog article, which is ready to go except for the photos, has gotten somewhat delayed.  VERY SOON I will come up with some good photos for it and get it posted.

In the meantime, just thought you might like to know what filmmakers do with their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment