Wednesday, December 21, 2011

New thoughts for our experimental "Tone Poem with Hang Drum"

A number of people, after watching our experimental short, Tone Poem with Hang Drum, have said they don't understand the connection between the two stories (or rather, the musician and the story).

Well, as someone has pointed out, you don't have to understand EVERYTHING, especially in an experimental short.

However, I think there's a certain point at which you need to listen to your audience and really think about what they're saying.  I listened and thought, and have come up with an idea for a short series of scenes that will address the question of connection.  No, I'm not going to say what it's going to be, but I plan to shoot it when I get back to Spain, to Jerez de la Frontera.

Liron Mann (Liron Man) and his hang drum.
 It will involve using our principal characters (Liron Mann and Pilar Yamuza) as well as a couple of other people.  This means I have to hope like crazy that they will both be in town and available to be filmed. 

It will also indeed be short, but I think it will add something good to the show.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment