Saturday, March 7, 2015

Chimney pots in Paris (late Feb. 2015)

My mother loved to go to Paris.  She first went when she was in her late teens, and she studied there on a couple of occasions.  She also went often after she married and had a family, both when her kids were growing up and after they were all grown and gone.

there was half a day of sun while I was in Paris
She had an aunt who lived there, who ran the student housing where she stayed when she was a student.  She became close friends with her aunt's companion, who she visited often after her aunt (my great-aunt, of course) passed away.

looking down from the window of my teeny, tiny apartment

Her aunt, Sarah Watson, was the first foreign woman ever to be inducted into the French Legion of Honor.  Her induction was to honor her for her work in France in World War II, during the French Résistance (resistance).

chimney pots up close and personal

My mother passed her love of chimney pots on to me.  I hope you enjoy these.

looking out across the rooves (roofs)
___________________
Eve A. Ma passed through Paris on her way to southern Spain, where she is working on a documentary about flamenco, and finishing up a video about Afro-Peruvian music and dance.  Keep up with her work at http://palominoprodvd-cd.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment